Are you struggling with trust issues in your relationship ? or maybe wondering why trust is important in relationship and how to build trust ? In this article I will try to answer all the questions you might have regarding to trust and its importance , keep reading to know more .
WHAT IS THE ACTUAL MEANING OF TRUST IN A RELATIONSHIP ?
In simple words, trust means having confidence in the integrity of a person. Trust goes hand in hand with reliability. If you trust someone, you think of them as being reliable. It also means that you feel safe with that person, may it be emotionally or physically and can depend on them when you need them.
HOW LOVE AND TRUST ARE RELATED TO EACH OTHER ?
Love and trust are co-related to each other. They go hand in hand. Love cannot exist without trust. A long-lasting relationship is easy to establish if the spirit of love and trust are instilled at the very beginning. The ability to open up and give yourself to someone is because you can trust them. Trust is one of the most essential components of a relationship.
WHAT ARE THE COMPONENTS OF TRUST IN A RELATIONSHIP ?
The components of trust in a relationship are –
- Faith – When you trust someone, you almost have blind faith in them.
- Hope – When you trust a person, you always hope you can depend on them, when needed.
- Love – Trust feeds on love.
- Peace – When you trust someone, it makes you calm and peaceful.
- Growth – Trusting a person helps you grow.
- Honesty – Without honesty, trust finds it almost impossible to survive.
- Happiness – People who trust are way happier than those who do not.
why trust is important in relationship ?
THERE IS A VERY FAMOUS QUOTE “I TRUST YOU IS A BETTER COMPLIMENT THAN I LOVE YOU BECAUSE YOU MAY NOT ALWAYS TRUST THE PERSON YOU LOVE BUT YOU CAN ALWAYS LOVE THE PERSON YOU TRUST.”
Trust is the foundation of a solid relationship. In fact, if you are lacking trust in your relationship, your relationship will not last exceptionally long. Trust issues are one of the major reasons why many relationships fall apart.
Love feels great. But what does not feel great is being in a relationship with no or little trust. When love and happiness are replaced by doubt and fear, things start to fall apart.
Trust is essential for success of a relationship.
Here are some solid reasons why trust is crucial in a relationship:
- Trust helps in overcoming the tough times in a relationship – Trust helps in keeping the relationship intact when the times get tough. It helps in overcoming the hurdles in a relationship and feel secure with your better half
- Trust leads to unconditional acceptance – When you trust your partner completely, it is easier to accept them as they are.
- Trust helps us in taking correct decisions – When we trust someone, we have better emotional control, which ultimately leads to taking better decisions as we do not get caught up into the cycle of negative emotions.
- Trust provides us with reassurance – From time to time, we tend to get a little doubtful towards our partner. But with trust, we are reassured that our partner loves us irrespective of the doubts and the arguments.
- Trust makes us more positive and optimistic – A relationship without trust slowly turns you into a negative person by making you insecure, doubtful, envious, and disappointed.However, trusting your partner helps you have a positive mindset and a positive personality.
Now, I have covered why trust is important in a relationship, it is equally important to check do you actually trust your partner?
WHAT ARE THE SIGNS OF TRUST ISSUES IN A RELATIONSHIP?
Here are some signs of having trust issues in a relationship –
- You always think negatively about your relationship – Even when things are going well, you expect the worst. You spend most of your time imagining worst – case scenarios.
- You often tend to overshare stuff – You often share more information about yourself than you need to.
- You fear being too attached to your partner – You fear rejection too such an extent, that you do not want to become close to anyone.
- Your relationships are superficial – You try to become someone whom you think others will like, instead of being yourself.
- You are very unforgiving – You do not forget how someone has hurt you. In fact, you keep reminding yourself of how they have made you feel.
- You are over-protective – You are very protective of your loved ones, out of fear that they will become disloyal.
- You have commitment issues – No matter how much you care for someone, you refuse to commit yourself to him or her.
- You feel alone and depressed – Your fears have led you to isolate yourself from others and enter a state of depression.
- You get triggered very easily – You have mood swings and that ruins your day. A simple text with no emojis makes you think the worst.
HOW TO BUILD TRUST IN A RELATIONSHIP ?
What if you are experiencing trust issues and want to fix them in order to have a better relationship with your partner? In the following steps I have covered how you can build trust in a relationship with ease.
- Stick to your words – Always mean what you say and say what you mean. If you made any promises, keep them. Do not make promises that you are not able to keep. When you stick to what you say, your partner will respect you more and have more faith in you.
- Communicate effectively with your partner – Poor communication is one of the major reasons why relationships break apart. Good communication requires you to communicate your needs and wants clearly to your partner.
- Have patience – Building trust requires effort and a lot of patience. Building trust is a slow process and it does not happen overnight.
- Make wise decisions – Think twice before making any commitments to your partner. It is always better to say no, rather than not being able to stick to the commitments you have made.
- Express your feelings openly – It is extremely crucial to acknowledge your feelings to your partner from time to time. You must open up to your partner emotionally in order to have a good and fulfilling relationship.
- Always do the right thing, no matter how tough it is – Sometimes, in order to please our partner, we comprise with our own values and beliefs. This does more harm than good if we consider the long-term perspective. Thus, it is always better to do what you believe is right, your partner might be mad at you for a short period of time, but you will surely gain their respect.
- Do not be afraid to say sorry – Whenever you feel you messed up, take responsibility for your actions. Do not hesitate to say sorry to your partner.
- Do not keep secrets from your partner – If you are planning on building trust with your partner, you must not plan to keep secrets and be open with your partner. In order to become a trustworthy partner, be open and honest in all your conversations with your partner. Do not try to conceal anything from your partner.
You can also check out this article on building trust that I found really helpful by clicking here
To conclude , trust is important in a relationship because –
- Trust helps in overcoming the tough times in a relationship
- Trust leads to unconditional acceptance
- Trust helps us in taking correct decisions
- Trust provides us with reassurance
- Trust makes us more positive and optimistic
Do not underestimate the value of trust in a relationship. Trust is the foundation for any relationship. The lack of trust will cause your relationship to shatter and fall apart miserably….
After all, trust means feeling safe and comfortable with your partner and being completely open with them.
Trust is the core ingredient for any successful relationship.
I hope this article would help you understanding the importance and value of trust in a relationship. If you found this article helpful , please share it and check more of my articles at www.theloveadvice.com .
Also since this is my very first article , I’d love to hear some feedback from you all . Please tell me in the comments below if you liked it.