Are you looking to be more happy, more satisfied and more fulfilled in your life? If your answer is yes, your search ends here. In this article, I will be sharing with you my all-time favourite “Dalai Lama Quotes On Happiness” that will inspire you to live a joyful and happy life.
Dalai Lama is considered to be one of the most beloved and inspiring personalities of this day and age. He is committed and determined to promote positive values amongst us such as forgiveness, discipline, compassion, love, peace, tolerance and contentment.
His spiritual teachings have inspired millions of people to live a better life based on human values. These Dalai Lama quotes on happiness will surely motivate you and inspire you to live your life in a happy and peaceful manner.
Let us move on to Dalai Lama Quotes On Happiness now.
Dalai Lama Quotes On Happiness
- “Happiness is not something ready-made. It comes from your own actions.”
- “Happiness is determined more by one’s state of mind than by external events.”
- “When we feel love and kindness toward others, it not only makes others feel loved and cared for, but it helps us also to develop inner happiness and peace.”
- “What unites all beings is their desire for happiness.”
- “Only the development of compassion and understanding for others can bring us the tranquillity and happiness we all seek.”
- “If you want others to be happy, practice compassion. If you want to be happy, practice compassion.”
- “People take different roads seeking fulfilment and happiness. Just because they’re not on your road doesn’t mean they’ve gotten lost.”
- “We don’t need more money, we don’t need greater success or fame, we don’t need the perfect body or even the perfect mate. Right now, at this very moment, we have a mind, which is all the basic equipment we need to achieve complete happiness.”
- “Human happiness and human satisfaction most ultimately come from within oneself.”
- “The ultimate source of a happy life is the attention we pay to our inner values.”
- “The more you nurture a feeling of loving kindness, the happier and calmer you will be.”
- “The more we care for the happiness of others, the greater is our own sense of well-being…”
- “Happiness is the highest form of health.”
- “We need to learn how to want what we have, not to have what we want in order to get steady and stable happiness.
- “The purpose of our lives is to be happy.”
- “I believe compassion to be one of the few things we can practice that will bring immediate and long-term happiness to our lives. I’m not talking about the short-term gratification of pleasures like sex, drugs or gambling (though I’m not knocking them), but something that will bring true and lasting happiness. The kind that sticks.”
- “It is felt that a disciplined mind leads to happiness and an undisciplined mind leads to suffering.”
- “What is the meaning of life? To be happy and useful.”
- “The ultimate source of happiness is not money and power, but warm-heartedness.”
- “Happiness comes through taming the mind.”
- “Compassion and happiness are not a sign of weakness, but a sign of strength.”
- “It is important to generate a good attitude, a good heart as much as possible. From this, happiness in both the short-term and the long-term for both yourself and others will come.”
- We need to learn to distinguish emotions like anger and attachment that are destructive from positive ones like compassion that are a source of happiness.
- Happiness doesn’t always come from a pursuit. Sometimes it comes when we least expect it.
- Happiness arises as a result of different causes and conditions. If you harm someone out of anger, you may feel some superficial satisfaction, but deep down you know it was wrong. Your confidence will be undermined. However, if you have an altruistic attitude, you’ll feel comfortable and confident in the presence of others.
I hope you felt inspired after reading these amazing Dalai Lama Quotes on Happiness.
If you enjoyed these quotes, and support what Dalai Lama teaches and stands for, I highly recommend you to check out his best-selling book, “The Art of Happiness”. If you are short on time, you can also read short-summary of The Art of Happiness here.
You can also checkout my article on Buddha Inspirational Quotes.
Do not forget to tell me in the comment section down below, which of these Dalai Lama quotes on happiness inspired you the most?